Jack of many trades…master of my own path.
Things I may blog about (in no particular order)
- Musings (on pretty much anything) – someone I met once told me within 5 minutes of knowing me that she could tell that I “think a lot”. And that is the most true observation anyone has ever made of me.
- Knowledge – I love learning. Lifelong student of life. I love sharing what I learn as well. Because the more we know….the more we grow.
- Books – fiction, non-fiction, digital, audio, paper. I am not partial. I’ve been reading hard material since before kindergarten. In 5th grade I was the highest rated reader in my grade with a rank of college sophomore. Sometimes I just know stuff. I assume I learned it in a book at some point. I couldn’t even tell you how many books and magazines and digital articles I read a year. I do know I won a reading contest when I was younger. 50 books in the summer to win a book. I did 154. My dad would take me to the library weekly to check out my max limit. Knowledge is like air to me. It’s a must.
- Mixed Media Art Journaling – I have been an art journaler since 2010 off and on. I enjoy new techniques and love trying new products out. I enjoy taking classes. Lifebook is my current favorite.
- Quilts – I have been a quilter since 2000. Another area where I love learning techniques. But I absolutely love Bargello quilting and batik fabric. Piecing quilt tops is my favorite step in quilting but I am branching into long arm style quilting on my domestic machine with use of a ruler foot and acrylic rulers. Lots to learn about that.
- Cats – My cats are my best friends. They are not just my pets, I care for them but I treat them like my best friends. I know their personalities and respect their space.
- Spirit – My relationship with spirit is complicated and evolving. But it’s a good thing and I learn and grow in that space all the time.
- Food – I love to cook and eat. Over time that has led to weight gain which is an unfortunate side effect of loving food. So I have been improving my food choices and learning to eat better and may talk about that sometimes.
- Herbalism/Essential Oils – learning to do things with essential oils, fresh herbs, and spices is so much fun. Cooking with intention, creating blends, using the gifts the earth provides.
- Crafts/Art of all kinds -Make it, Learn it, Love it. Remember my comments about techniques? This is where that is really evident. I haven’t yet tried it all. But I want to! And the list of what I have tried is not short – includes techniques in fabric, paint, glass, and resin. I am itching to try refinishing furniture. I really love blending more than one technique together. That’s art!
- Family – married, 1 child (young man), 3 cats, a dog, and a gerbil. My son means the world to me. He is an upcoming artist. He’s funny, compassionate, intelligent, loving. I don’t know how we raised awesomeness like he is but we did!
- Gardening – Another place I am learning lots. I have 11 types of fruiting plants growing on my property. And more herbs than that. Only tomatoes in the veggie garden so far…but technically they are fruit so that’s 12 not 11…..but no strawberries or blueberries. I have found local farms for those.
- Places I have been or get to go – I love taking photos and seeing new things. I love introducing my son to new things and expanding his mental horizons. So we try to go see new places when we can. It’s not always possible of course but we have been very fortunate to get to do some cool things and that will continue when possible.
- Life – sometimes stuff worth talking about happens
- Technology – self proclaimed geek in a house full of geeks. I enjoy technology and will probably talk about the finer qualities of data. Or something equally interesting to me. I work in an IT field full time and am educated through masters in IT things. So geek speak is my home territory.
- House projects/things that we do – our to do list is a mile long. And I am good at adding to it faster than we can cross things off. So we always have a project going.
Yeah….so just be warned….if you follow me it’s because I interest you. And I hope I do. But whether I do or I don’t…I wish for you to have a good life full of things that you are passionate about.